Monday, November 26, 2012

Gratitude: Day 18

I know I am ridiculously behind and we will see if I end up ever catching up or finishing but I still want to try. My problem is that I think about things too much and I want to take time to carefully write things out, but I don't have time for that! This explains why I am not the best blogger. Hopefully I put some things that are worth remembering here. I'm a grateful for writing.
I have been a journal keeper since I was quite young but it only became consistent in high school. I had one year where I wrote almost every day. I don't tend to write what I did or what happened to me as much as how I felt about things. It important to me to be able to process and sort through my feelings and thoughts and writing them down seems to be the best way. I'm grateful for the few pen pals I have had throughout the years, either through notes or letters. I am not always the best at sitting down and writing but it is so therapeutic and wonderful that I wish I did it more. I'm also grateful for those who have been willing to read the letters I needed to write to get everything out. I have stacks of unsent letters or notes to people that were really more about expressing myself, so I understood my feelings. I don't know if I ever intended on actually sending many of them. I am grateful for the role my journal has played in my life. It has been important in helping me make innumerable decisions and getting through my hardest moments. My journal may never be something for posterity but it will always be something that helps to keep me grounded and remind me who I am. It helps me to not forget what is really important to me. When I am not being consistent writing in my journal I feel like something is missing.

No comments: