Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gratitude: Day 5

I'm grateful for my brother.

I'm grateful for the fun Mason brings into my life. I love all the faces he makes and his crooked smile. He understands my silly humor and loves so many of the same movies.  I'm glad I was able to encourage him to do cross country and that he still will run with me when I come home for a few days. He has also been willing to run with me in races which I very much appreciated. It's fun to chat with him and to push each other. He is a fun tennis buddy and I wish we could play more.
I have so many memories over the years of cuddling in the back seat of the car (so many car trips), playing nintendo (he always won, except in mario cart), playing with ninja turtles, hotwheels, and stuffed animals, dancing to music turned up too loud, pillow fights in the dark, making forts, swimming, bike rides, family trips. He was always willing to put up with my bossiness and need to organize everything.
One of my favorite memories is of Mason calling home while he was on his mission. I remember feeling like we could talk forever and we had never talked much on the phone before. I was the last one to talk to him that day and he didn't want to get off the phone. I wished we could just keep talking and in the end saying goodbye was so hard.
When he came home from his mission I have never been more excited for anything. I would randomly tell people how he would be home soon and would get giddy about it.When he got home I remember everyone just standing there waiting for something to happen. I couldn't stand it so I ran up and hugged him first. :)
Mason, I'm glad to have you for a little brother. Sometimes you make me crazy and we haven't always gotten along perfectly, but I love you. Thanks for always being there for me and for always caring about me.



No comments: