Thursday, November 8, 2012

Gratitude: Day 8

I am grateful for nature.



I am sitting in my room listening to the wind and it just makes me smile. Even though I am not super excited about the snow storm this weekend (cold, ugh). I love a good storm. Especially if I am cozy in my house where I can safely and comfortably observe the power of nature. Snow has a magical quality; the way it can make the busy city fall silent and the brightness it brings to the middle of the night. Though the best storms really are Arizona summer rain storms. Warm rain and tons of thunder and lightning. So awesome!



I love to just be in nature. I could just sit and watch the ocean waves, the clouds go by, desert or just look at a mountain view. I have been lucky enough to go to many beautiful places in the world and I am always amazed as I travel to new places what the world has to offer. There are so many different and new things to see. Unfortunately these things can never be truly captured in a photograph. Part of the majesty has to be experienced.



Sitting on top of a mountain I often think of how small and insignificant I am, but feeling connected with nature makes me somehow feel eternal. Being out among trees, rocks, wind and the sky brings peace to the soul. Often when I am outside I am running or hiking and I have to remind myself to take a moment and be still; to just sit and listen and feel.


Psalms 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God"

No comments: