Monday, November 12, 2012

Gratitude: Day 11

I am grateful for my mom.

When I was young I didn't ever clash with my mom but we never were very close either. I always was more of a daddy's girl. Once I got towards the end of high school and into college we finally started to talk more. I slowly started to learn that my mom and I had more in common than I thought and enjoyed talking to her more and more. She is one of my favorite people to talk to and all through my college days I would call her almost daily as I would walk home from school. She has been a good sounding board for me and helped me to think through things and make decisions. I am grateful for the relationship we have and all that she continues to do for me as my mom. She takes care of me by filling up my car or buying food whenever she is around. As I do more things for myself I have found how much my mom has done for me over the years. All the cleaning, cooking, shopping, laundry, and random errands. All the late nights with sick kids and I am sure many more things that I wont even know or be able to appreciate until I am a mother myself. I am grateful for the way my mom has always done something to keep her healthy, from yoga, ballet, tae kwon do to walking. She inspired me to do a marathon when I never thought I would. If she could do it, so could I! Then after we have done our tour of half marathons which were so much fun. We went to Vegas, Boise, Florida, and a few different places around Utah. It was fun to go to new places together and have fun pushing ourselves with new races. I am so grateful for  a mom who I know loves me and will always be there for me! Thank you for being my mom and taking care of me. I love you!

Volunteering at the St George Marathon together.

No comments: