Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gratitude: Day 6

I am grateful for technology.

I recently watched the new TV show Revolution which is about what would happen to the world if all forms of power suddenly were shut off. It really got me thinking about how much I am dependent on technology. I use my phone daily and would be lost without it. I was sitting in Mississippi a few weeks ago and wondering how I would get home if suddenly airplanes didnt work or cars. What if I couldn't call my family to tell them where I was? I have been able to travel to many different places around the world with minimal effort and at amazing speed due to flight technology. I have been able to get notes for classes online and submit assignments over the internet. Typing and editing papers was made so much easier by having a computer. I love being able to keep food cold in my fridge and freezer. Cooking is so easy and simple with microwaves, ovens, blenders, and mixers. I love having music anywhere with my baby ipod. I can get news, weather, see pictures of friends and family and be updated on their lives from around the world almost instantly through the internet. I can look up almost any random question I have and find the answer. I am able to watch conference every six months and anytime I want to. The list goes on.

I'm sure I would survive without it but I really do appreciate technology.


No comments: