Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gratitude: Day 3

I am grateful for music.

I really think music has power and it has helped me so much as I have gone through these last two years. I have always listened to lyrics and sometimes I would find songs I really connected with and other times I found I didnt like the lyrics but I would over look that because it had a fun beat. As it began to appear that everything in my life had a black rain cloud hanging over it I found there was less and less of a place in my life for things that were negative. Not that every song I now listen to is rainbows and shine, sometimes they bring real emotion but it needs to not bring feelings of hate, anger, revenge, violence, indifference, fear, etc. It's not an exact science, more just seeing how the song makes me feel.

A few years back my mom introduced me to KLOVE and since then my mom and Emma would find songs on there to send me and I really loved some of that music. Then I starting spending time with Golden and he always had it on in his car or Air1. It has been a positive influence in my life and something that has helped remind me of what is important in life.

Here are some songs that I have loved in this last year, some of them have Christian undertones or are flat out religious. Some are not. They vary.

Mindy Gledhill- Anchor Album (All About You Heart is a Favorite) and also Small Enough

Rob Thomas- Little Wonders

Taylor Swift- The Best Day (and others)

Katy Perry- Firework

Brandon Heath- I'm not Who I Was, Your Love, Give Me Your Eyes

Mat Kearney- Young Love Album and Runaway

Britt Nicole- All This Time

Francesca Battistelli- This is the Stuff

Shawn McDonald- Take My Hand

He is We- All About Us

Colbie Caillat- Fallin' for you, I do, One Fine Wire and a lot actually

Mandisa- Goodmorning (I love hearing this on the way to work)

tobyMac- Me Without You

Jason Mraz- I Won't Give Up

Okay, there are a lot more but if you are looking for some good ones there you go. I have more where that came from.


No comments: