Saturday, August 20, 2011

Joy

2 Nephi 2:25 Adam fell that men might be; and me are that they might have joy.


I have been thinking a lot about joy lately and how I can find it and have it. I believe we do exist that we might have joy and so I should be searching for it. I think joy presents itself is many different ways. For me I have always associated it with those moments when I felt connected with something eternal. It's interesting as I have been looking for joy these last few months that I have found it in very small places and often small moments.

I felt joy in making a baby laugh. I felt joy as I walked outside and felt the warm sun on my skin. I felt joy in a conversation shared with a friend. I felt joy in the exhausted moment after a great tennis rally. I felt joy in the five year old I just met who couldn't wait to hug me. I felt joy in laughing with friends. I felt joy as I had a tickle fight with a three year old.

Finding joy seems to take more patience than effort. I also learned that it requires hope. I guess that means this next month I will work on finding more hope.

No comments: